Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pix by Peacock Unveiled

What a tremendous opportunity recently emerged for me unexpectedly. Although I was asked in advance to take photos of the Krush Promotions mixed martial arts battle last Friday in Jackson, N.J. neither the promoter, Dave Franciosi, nor I knew that the cage (constructed by Dead Serious Fight Gear) would be equipped with photographer perches at either end. As a result, I was able to peer into the ring and chronicle the fights from above, rather than through, the netted cage. 

The result was the creation of my a website, Pix by Peacock, which features the Krush MMA Gallery. Likewise, I have been contacted by numerous people in the MMA industry to praise my work -- which I have been leveraging these past few days as a potential means of generating additional work in the future, which I hope will include income-producing slots as a photographer, writer, and eventually as an announcer.

One of the bloodiest bouts of the Krush MMA event on June 1, Rafal Niewiarowksi of Brooklyn defeated Adam Hughes of Toms River via TKO when the referee stopped the fight 1:31 into Round Three.