Thursday, November 18, 2010

Making literary progress

Okay, I did not win the Bellevue Literary Review's annual contest, BUT... the same day BLR announced the winners, separately I heard from Monkeybicycle, a West Coast literary journal, which accepted my work for an upcoming print issue. Additionally, yesterday the editor of Towson University's Grub Street also contacted me to announce the acceptance of my work for publication. All this on top of my work recently being embraced by New Jersey's best "underground" literary journal, The Idiom.

Let's hope this trend continues. As I said in previous posts, by the end of December Narrative magazine will announce the winners of its annual Fall writing contest, for which I submitted a 6,000-word memoir, and late January I shall find out whether Missouri Literary Review is interested in that same non-fiction piece.