Thursday, February 3, 2011

The New Yorker caption contest

On Valentine's Day, this Feb. 14, I'm hoping that I will be selected as a finalist for the The New Yorker's ongoing cartoon caption contest (#274). If indeed the editors select my caption as one of three finalists, readers beginning that day will be able to vote on the best caption. The odds of being selected as one of these three finalists are slim, but just in case I am indeed one of those Blessed Three I wanted you all to be prepared to vote -- for me, of course. Even if I do not end up on The New Yorker radar screen, it is a fun contest for all involved, whether reader or writer. So, check it out either way. Free registration is required, with an immediate opt-out option for those of you who do not wish to receive future mailings from the magazine. Here's the link.

Do not forget: voting for Contest #274 does not begin until Feb. 14.