Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Confirmation.... WORK!

I am delighted to announce that I confirmed my employment with Manchester Township Public Schools, for whom I will teach English/Language Arts at Manchester High School. It is a five-month temporary assignment -- and I have no complaints about that. After being unemployed for 14 months, this is a welcome development.

Ironically, soon after receiving confirmation of my new job, I got an e-mail from the Washington Post editor running the "Help Wanted: Stories of Unemployment" feature on WP's website; this week's question is: "What's the first thing you'll do when you get a job?" Well, the first thing I did was gather my family together and thank God for this development in our lives. The second thing I'll do is take us out to dinner. We're heading to Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill in Toms River. I hope they have the Porter on tap!

I also just discovered that the Post used my audio commentary on a recent question, "What's your tip for surviving unemployment?" You can find my response in the top box under the story summary.